By Our reporter
The ruling party members who made it to parliament and the incumbents who lost their seats, have now switched their energy to lobbying for ministerial posts in the impending cabinet.
Sources say, after traversing the country, the president is said to have gathered a lot of information and reports on some people who pretend to be supporters of the NRM party. For example, there are reports of individuals who swindled NRM campaign money and went up to cook reports. Only for president to get different reports on the ground. This information is in the safe hands of the authorities. As such, making it to the next cabinet will not be easy.
Insiders in NRM say that a few changes are expected in the next cabinet. For example, the Speaker of Parliament Hon. Rebecca Alitwaala Kadaga is set to become the next Vice President and While Prof. Gilbert Bukenya ‘ Mahogony’ is set to head the Health ministry.
A new ministry for the Busoga region will be created. It will be headed by none other than Presidential loser Maurren Faith Kyaalya Walube.
The other surprise on the next cabinet is musician Moses Ssali popularly known as Bebe Cool. Bebe Cool is the son of former minister and politician Jaberi Bidandi Ssali
The Gagamel boss was a key campaigner for NRM and President Museveni. Unlike his Tubonga Naawe colleagues , The Gagamel boss, went beyond the ‘little money’ he was given for the Tubonga Naawe song. Bebe Cool traveled the whole country with the President. He also turned his social media pages-Twitter and Face Book into a campaign platform for President Museveni.
It is said, the president Museveni noticed his efforts and is expected to reward him with a ministerial post.- Minister without Portfolio.
And the list goes:
1. H.E. the Vice President – Rebeccah Alitwala Kadaga
2. Rt. Hon. Prime Minister – Ruhakana Rugunda
3. First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Service – – Gen Moses Ali
4. Minister In-charge of the Presidency – Moses Kizige
5. Minister of Information & National Guidance – Judith Nabakooba
6. Minister of Education, Science, Technology & Sports – Museveni Janet Kataha
7. Minister of Energy and Minerals – Busingye Mary Karoro
8. Minister without Portfolio – Moses Ssali (Bebe Cool)
9. Government Chief Whip – John Ssimbwa
10. Minister of Information & Communications Technology – Kibuule Ronald
12. Attorney General – Nasasira Mwoono John
13. Minister for Karamoja Affairs – Alupo Jessica Rose Epel
14. Minister in Charge of General Duties – Frank Tumwebaze
15. Minister of Disaster Preparedness and Refugees – Joseph Elton Mabirizi
16. Minister for Security – Kahinda Otafiire
17. Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries – BuchanayandiTress
18. Minister of Defence – Kiyonga Crispus
19. Minister of Finance and Economic Planning – Kasaija Matia
20. Minister of Works and Transport – Byabagambi John
21. Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs – Fred Ruhindi
22. Minister of Gender, Labour & Social affairs – Muruli Mukasa
23. Minister of Trade, Industry & Cooperatives – Kyambadde Amelia Anne
24. Minister of Health – Prof. Gilbert Balibaseka Bukenya
25. Minister of Foreign Affairs – Kutessa Kahamba Sam
26. Minister of Local Government – Mwesige Adolf
27. Minister of Tourism Wildlife & Antiquities – Mutagamba Maria
38. Minister of Busoga Affairs- Maureen Faith Kyaalya Walube