The accident allegedly occurred today morning when a trailer that was overtaking a bus collided head-on with the taxi heading to Kampala from Sembabule, killing 10 people on the spot.
police said a Tanzanian trailer registration number TH77 BVW / T433 BDY Mercedes Benz collided with a Toyota HiAce registration number UBE 995C that was travelling from Sembabule-Matete to Kampala.
The accident happened at Kasijagirwa village near Gaz Petrol Station at 7am when the trailer driver tried to overtake on the wrong side of the road, according to police.
Police has since shared the particulars of the Victims of the accident
1. Nakalule shadia a female juvenile resident of Kasambya Village, Matete Sub County Sembabule District .
2. Nankya Maimuna a 70 year old, resident of Kasambya Village, Mateete Sub county Sembabule District.
3. Nakitto Maimuna a 20 yr old resident of Kasambya Village Sembabule District 4.Musasizi Moses a 28 yr old, a Burundi National resident of Bininkiliro Village Sembabule
4. Magero Moses a 49 year old resident of Kasana Village Mawogola Sub County Sembabule District. 6. Mwanje Abubaker a 40 year old, a Rwandan National resident of Mateete town council Sembabule District.
5. Kisawuzi Benard a male Juvenile aged 10 years resident of Manyama B zone Mateete town council Sembabule District
6. Matuusa Sara a 25 year old resident of Mateete town council Sembabule District.
7. Katete Francis a 58 year old resident of Mateete subcounty Sembabule.
8. Mudiiba Sharim a female juvenile aged 14years resident of Salama Munyonyo Kampala.
9. Natasha Rita aged 18years resident of Bamwede LC1 Sembabule District.
10. One Victim who’s in critical condition is admitted at Masaka Regional Referral Hospital undergoing treatment.