Ministry of Health has signed Memoranda of Understanding with 21 Private Health Facilities assessed to administer Yellow Fever vaccines to International travellers.
During the signing ceremony, Dr. Diana Atwine said that facilities at border points will undergo accreditation in due process. She further added that it is important for health facilities to safe guard these vaccination cards.
“Ministry of Health reserves the authority to print the vaccination cards, a measure undertaken to prevent fraudulent, forgeries and malpractices involved in producing these cards” Dr. Atwine cautioned.
The 21 accredited Private Health Facilities are:
1. KCCA clinic, Kampala
2. Mengo Hospital, Kampala
3. Nakasero Hospital, Kampala
4. St. Catherine Hospital, Kampala
5. Norvik Hospital, Kampala
6. Kitante Medical Centre, Kampala
7. Span Medicare, Kampala
8. Victoria Hospital, Kampala
9. Victoria Medical Centre, Kampala
10. Airport Medical Centre, Entebbe
11. Rugarama Hospital, Kabale
12. Kabale Regional Hospital, Kabale
13. Rushoroza Health Centre IV, Kabale
14. Tororo Hospital,Tororo
15. Masafu Hospital, Busia
16. City Medicals, Kampala
17. Doctors Hospital, Sseguku
18. International Medical Centre, Kampala
19. Kampala Medical Chambers, Kampala
20. Le Memorial Medical Services, Kampala
21. Jabez Vaccinations, Kampala
More health facilities will be added upon assessment.