Museveni appoints Former SFC commander Don Nabaasa new commander Military Police

- Advertisement -




President Yoweri Museveni has appointed Maj Gen Don Nabasa as the new commander Military Police.
He replaces Brig Keith Katungi. Brig Katungi will replace Gen Nabasa as the Ugandan contingent commander in Somalia under AMISOM
The appointment of the battle-hardened officer Nabaasa comes in wake of bomb attacks. on Monday one person was confirmed dead and several others injured in suspected bomb attack on Swift bus in Mpigi



The incident involving a moving bus, registration number UAU 989T took place at around 5:00 pm. The bus was heading to Bushenyi.
According to President Museveni “Preliminary reports say that the blast was from the seat and it killed only that person and injured the one who was sitting behind. The hunt continues, the clues are CLEAR and PLENTY.”
The Monday explosion comes three days after the bomb attack in Komamboga that killed a 20-year-old woman injured three others.
The Islamic State (IS) group on Monday claimed responsibility for a deadly bombing at a restaurant at the weekend that police called an ‘act of domestic terrorism’.
Police said the crude bomb left underneath a table indicated the work of an unsophisticated local outfit, and played down any connection to foreign networks.



- Advertisement -

However in a message sent via its communication channels, the Islamic State’s Central Africa Province said it carried out the attack, and claimed it killed two people and injured five.
“A security detachment from the soldiers of the Caliphate was able to detonate an explosive device inside a tavern in which elements and spies for the Crusader Ugandan army were gathered,” read part of the statement quoted by the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors militant communications.



On October 8, IS claimed its first attack in Uganda, alleging a unit from the same Central Africa operation bombed a police post in Kampala that resulted in injuries.
Last week both Britain and France updated their travel advice, saying terrorists were “very likely to try and carry out attacks in Uganda” and urging vigilance in crowded areas.
President Museveni on Sunday vowed that those responsible for the latest attack would be caught and expressed condolences to those killed and injured.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.