COVID-19: Fears Museveni may extend lockdown after 40 new cases were recorded today, pushing total to 457

- Advertisement -




The Ministry of Health on Monday afternoon reported 40 new cases of Covid-19. The development pushed the total number of confirmed cases to 45, with 72 recoveries and no deaths
Uganda has already overtaken Rwanda in case overload. Rwanda which on Saturday recorded its first coronavirus related death, total case overload stands at 359, The total number of recoveries now stands at 250. Meanwhile,the coronavirus fatalities in Kenya rose to 63 after one more patient, a 59-year-old male died on Saturday while 26 more people were discharged, rising the number of recovered patients to 464.



‘‘Samples tested on Sunday 31 may, 2020 confirm 40 new covid-19 cases. 23 cases are among samples tested from Points of Entry 17 cases are among samples of contacts and alerts. Total confirmed cases: 457.’’ The Ministry of Health said in statement
In the statement issued by Dr Charles Olaro on behalf of the director general health services, 20 of the confirmed cases are truck drivers who arrived from South Sudan through Elegu border point while two are truckers who arrived from Tanzania through Mutukula border point.
Dr Olaro says that 17 of the confirmed cases are contacts to previously confirmed cases. They’re; two from Gulu, one from Jinja, three from Amudat, three from Wakiso, two from Amuru, one from Yumbe, two from Zombo and three from Nebbi.



- Advertisement -

President Museveni is expected to address Ugandans on government efforts to combat covid-19 today at 8 PM.
According to the president’s spokesperson Don Wanyama, The address will be aired on all radios and TVs.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.